Saturday, June 2, 2012

Knitting tests

I am here to reveal two beautiful test knits that I have completed recently. First is Katniss, by Julia Stanfield. This is a fabulous pattern that both looks fantastic and is also incredibly practical. Tess loves it and refuses to take the hood off - even indoors! The pockets are really cute, but also very handy for treasures that need to go everywhere ;).  I knit this in 100Purewool yarn that I dyed myself, but the colour didn't quite come out how I wanted. I will be attempting to re-dye it this weekend - and hope that I don't felt it in the process!





And the next one is another awesome pattern from Georgie Hallam, Suzanne, which will be released soon. I loved the construction of this cardigan and the very cute little daisy stitch detail around the cuffs, mid section and hemline, which add to the cuteness factor. I dyed this yarn myself about 2 years ago at a craft retreat weekend I went to with a bunch of friends. I've been waiting for the right project for this yarn, and this project was definitely perfect for it, as I only had 5gms left over!


 



13 comments:

  1. Your yarns and photos all look gorgeous Ali! Stunning! And you're such a fabulous test knitter! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both adorable patterns, I especially like the first one with the hoodie by Julia. I can understand why your daughter wouldn't want to take it off! Will have to keep an eye out for when the pattern is available. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! I love the hoodie, aren't the pockets cool?!
    Your pink dyed yarn is just lovely, lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love it! You made it by your self?

    ReplyDelete
  5. modeller ve örgüler harika kızınız çok şirin ve ben onu çok sevdim...öpücükler...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI There

    I stumbled across your blog and I am also a knitter! I used to live in Wellington but moved to Auckland and have lived in Rodney for the last 4 years. I used to knit for Weebits in Wellington and now I knit for two charities but I am interested in finding out if there is any paid work in knitting and I gather that you knit test garments for designers? Can you tell me more about that? I love your blog btw! Leilani www.cupcakes2crafts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there

    I'm looking for someone to knit me a woolen cover for my footstool and a couple of pillow covers.
    Can you do it?
    If so, please contact me on tania.dixon01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog i saw you thrue other blogger...nice posts to read...blessings ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!