Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Cable Yoke Jacket and Booties



This is a really cute hooded cardigan that I was asked to knit for a workmate to give to her niece who has just had a baby. It's a 6 - 12 month size knitted in Debbie Bliss Casmerino Aran, which is lovely to knit with. It challenged me a little as it included a few techniques I'd not tried before, so that was interesting, and although I really like the finished product, I would definitely do things differently next time as I think some things could be done more simply. Although it's completely seamless, the amount of picking up stitches that is required overrides the benefit of it being seamless in my opinion.





I also knitted some little Mary-Jane booties to go with the jacket:




It's definitely a cute wee set, and I really hope my friend's niece loves it as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm sure she'll love it Ali! That's such a special wee set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!