Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hokey Pokey

Mmmmmm. Every time I hear 'hokey pokey' I think of Cadbury Crunchie Bars - yummm!!!  This hokey pokey, however, is not crunchy but deliciously soft and just as yummy as the chocolate bar, only in a different way. This hokey pokey refers to the name of the colour of the gorgeous yarn I bought a while ago from Hannah on Facebook (or Hannah can also be found at Red Riding Hood Yarns ) where she does regular stockings of scrumptious yarns. She actually did send a Crunchie Bar with the yarn too (lucky me!) - thanks Hannah

This delicious yarn also features in my blog title up the top there ↑↑ (the yummy yellow one in the centre).  And now it looks like this:












I really love this cardigan design. It is Jane from Georgie Hallam, another fabulous pattern to add to many gorgeous patterns from Georgie. This pattern is so versatile - as written it uses up very little yarn and is a perfect cardigan to be worn over a pretty dress. You can weave ribbons through the 'lattice' like lace pattern, so the cardigan can be closed at the front, but I prefer it as is. You can find this pattern on Ravelry too.

Right, that's enough from me for today - everyone here is gearing up for the Rugby World Cup semi final tonight between the mighty All Blacks and Australia. This is a big deal here in New Zealand and the males in my household (except for the cats and birds, who really couldn't care less) are champing at the bit for it to be on.  Me? I'm not exactly a rugby fan, but I am feeling the tension and preparing for the inevitable yelling at the tv screen and general stress and mayhem that always goes hand in hand with these high pressure games. Go the All Blacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!